Learn how to help engineer a biobased future from the top experts in the field at the #1 ranked agricultural university in the world.
Save time and money. Grab the opportunity to enroll for one of the world cheapest online postgraduate biotechnology graduate program from one of the best universities in the world through online learning. Earn a Wageningen University & Research online 24 ECTS credit in Biobased Sciences for Sustainability with just $1,500 and save $20,000 which is the amount required to complete the on campus equivalent.
Start a journey that will change your life forever. Earn an internationally recognized masters certificate through online learning and enjoy the same benefits and certificate accorded to on campus students.
The world is moving from using fossil resources to sustainable biobased resources. In this new world, it’s critical to determine if alternative biobased resources have the potential to become truly sustainable and economically viable. For companies in this industry, it’s important to know the challenges that lie ahead. This MicroMasters Program is intended for those currently working in the energy, chemical and biotech industries. It will focus on the use of chemical and biotechnological approaches for the production of energy-carriers, polymers, chemical building blocks and materials from renewable resources and waste streams.
Completion of this MicroMasters Program in Biobased Sciences will enable you to discover new resources and help your company make the switch from fossil to renewable, biobased resources.
- Careers in industries such as: (bio)chemical industry, agrifood water companies, energy producers, logistics, and related governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Exciting career opportunities for traditionally and newly trained: (Bio)chemical engineers, process engineers, Supply chain manager, Product managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and business developers in a biobased business
- Research scientist, Microbiologist, Bioprocess specialist
- The US biobased products Industry Contributes $369 Billion and 4 Million Jobs to American economy
- EU employment in the Biobased sector accounts for 13.8 million jobs
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the challenges of switching from a fossil fuel based economy to a biobased economy.
- Understand how to identify suitable raw materials and create valuable new products.
- Learn how to refine biomass without damaging its valuable components.
- Perform a functional analysis of potential methods that can be used for refining a resource.
- Learn how to efficiently convert biobased feedstocks into desired products.
- Evaluate technological, ethical, societal and economic consequences in the production of biobased products.
- Judge new innovations on their sustainability and business merits.
- Apply the circular economy principles to a process or product chain.
Who is this MicroMasters Program intended for?
To optimally learn and complete this MicroMasters Program you should have a Bachelor degree in for example technology, engineering, or (applied) sciences with Bachelor level knowledge on topic or courses such as chemistry, engineering and process engineering.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in six courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Accelerate through the Master Biobased Sciences at Wageningen University. You can use your MicroMasters Credential to easily apply for the full on-campus research master programme at Wageningen University and Research (#1 Agricultural University in the World, NTU ranking 2016). The on-campus Master of Biobased Sciences is a 120 ECTS programme that usually takes 2 years to complete. If you have successfully completed the MicroMasters Program, which equals 24 ECTS, you may be able to finish it in just 1,5 years.
If you apply, please keep in mind that the following admission criteria are still applicable:
- BSc degree in a relevant field
- GPA of > 70%
- Proven English fluency
List of Coures in The Biotechnology Graduate Program
Biobased Principles and Opportunities
Biobased Processes and Implementation
Discover how to use microorganisms and catalysts to create biobased products, and then learn how to market and sell those products.
Learn how to design an effective biorefinery to obtain valuable components from various biobased feedstocks.
Advanced Biobased Conversion
Design new (bio)catalytic conversion routes to use biobased feedstocks to their highest potential as building blocks.
Biobased Sciences for Sustainability Capstone
Target Group for The Biobased Sciences for Sustainability Graduate Program
The Biobased Sciences for Sustainability Degree course is suitable for the following group of individuals
- Anyone interested in Biotechnology
- university students who wish to receive one semester transferable credit in biotechnology
- Admission seekers who wish to earn some university credit before enrolling for a masters degree
- Bachelor degree holders who wish to cover up for course and grade deficiency in their previous degree
Price of the One Semester Course
Complete Price: $1200 or Installment payment of $150 per course.
After the completion of the course you will receive a MicroMasters Certificate from the Wageningen University & Research
University Offering The Course
This course is offered by Wageningen University & Research, Login below to gain complete information about the university offering the course and how to enroll for the course[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”show” ihc_mb_who=”1,2,3″ ihc_mb_template=”4″ ] Apply Now[/restrict]