Discover the history of humanitarian aid and the principles and values that underpin it.
Explore guiding principles and approaches used by humanitarian teams.
Earthquake, flood, fire, famine and conflict — we seem to be hearing more about these things every day, and watching as they impact communities all over the world. Fortunately there are organisations trained and ready to assist communities affected by disasters.
On this online course on disaster management, you will explore the long history of humanitarianism, learning about the important principles and values that underpin it. You’ll also discover how the humanitarianism works across the globe, understanding how responses to disasters are coordinated and learning more about the various bodies involved.
What topics will you cover?
– The history of humanitarianism
– The principles and values that underpin humanitarian action
– Different actors and how the system works
– Exploring if localisation is the future of humanitarian action
What will you achieve?
By the end of the online course on disaster management, you’ll be able to…
– Explore the history of humanitarianism
– Identify the key principles and values associated with humanitarian action and management
– Describe the role of the different actors and their relationship before, during and after a humanitarian response.
– Identify the future of humanitarian action and the role of localisation.
Who is the free online disaster management course for?
This course on disaster management has been created for those working in the humanitarian sector and those interested in humanitarian issues and leadership.Get eBook Info Here