Get a taste of an electrical engineering degree in this popular online courses for electrical engineering. Build your confidence in communicating ideas and using technical vocabulary.
Improve your knowledge of key concepts in the online courses for electrical engineering
This online courses for electrical engineering provides an introduction to electronic, electrical and systems engineering.
You’ll examine everyday electrical circuits, such as pick-ups for musical instruments, and out of this world circuits, such as devices used in space.
You’ll develop skills in analysing and designing digital and analogue circuits and systems, and get familiar with using English technical vocabulary. You’ll understand how electric engineering systems are used in specific contexts, and gain confidence in communicating engineering ideas.
- Overview of Electrical, Electronic and Systems Engineering
- Introduction to systems and systems terminology
- Transducers and their purpose
- Electronic systems in context
- Issues relating to solar power / batteries in space
- Introduction to the Space Weather research group
- Electrical circuits
- The differences between analogue and digital Electrical Engineering
- Introduction to digital electronics
- Overview of control systems for rail platform shield walls