About The Book
This brand new title in the market-leading at a Glance series provides a highly-illustrated, visual introduction to the key concepts of population-level disease prevention. Accessible, double-page spreads help you understand and appreciate the determinants of health which impact on healthcare services and their effectiveness. Public Health and Epidemiology at a Glance features high-yield information on all the topics covered at medical school, including:
* Measurement of population health * Epidemiological concepts of cause
* Use of epidemiology in clinical decision-making
* Epidemiology of major health problems such as cardiovascular disease and cancer
* Health promotion * Basics of health economics
* Basics of health policy, needs assessment, and evaluation Also featuring self-assessment questions to help test learning, this new title will provide an invaluable resource for medical and healthcare students, junior doctors, and those preparing for a career in public health.
Need Unlimited Access To Movies, TV Series, Music and eBooks? Sign Up Here For Free Trial